Monday, August 29, 2011

The Wienery

Breakfast ALL DAY. Get it?
Drive-In Dog w/Slaw
On The Road...MPLS
Nestled in the heart of the West Bank section of Minneapolis is the Wienery, a small eatery that packs a lot of flavor and flair. The setup is about 4-5 tables and chairs plus another 10-12 seats at a bar. Breakfast is served ALL day. I emphasize that because there were enough signs mentioning it and people still asked. Reading is not fundamental, it's overrated.

The food, yes, the food. The dogs were Vienna Beef and that's an automatic 4-stars because them doggies run the Midwest. I went dogs only on this trip because I was anticipating more eating (turned out to be Matt's and that delicious Jucy Lucy) and the doggies did not disappoint.

Decision time and it was not easy. Their menu runs deep, much like my appetite but not like my wallet so I had to make some tough choices. I opted for the Tasmanian Devil because I wanted the hottest of the hot chili on top of my doggy and then I went for more chili and some slaw on the Drive-In Dog, a nod to my days in Charleston.

Both hit the spot perfectly and someone please tell me why it's so hard to find a poppy seeded hot dog roll here in NYC? I mean, this is NYC! Let's get on the ball. It's for the children, just ask this guy.


Rating - 5/5. I had perfection at the Wienery. Them doggies were so good and the chili was amazing, nice and spicy and that slaw. WOW! I loved the slaw. I loved it so much I would have let them make a beard of slaw on my face to pick it while riding the light rail back to the airport. That would have been fun to explain to the TSA folks.

Their site - www.wienery.com

**If you want to make some slaw at home the way the Wienery does out in MPLS, have a look here for the recipe!

For more, please visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and don't forget to follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this. I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete