Friday, August 26, 2011

Luigi's (8th Ave)

Luigi's 8th Ave
Another day, another Luigi's. There are literally a million pizzerias in NYC and I seem to keep stumbling upon new ones named after the Nintendo icon's not-so-famous other brother. In honor of the death of Luigi's on West End and 61st is another Luigi's for you.

The sign says they've been there since 1975. That's somewhat impressive because that's totally like forever ago, it's older than me, and there's another pizzeria that's like 3 doors down (no not the rock n roll band, literally three doors away) so it must be good. MUST BE!

Or not. I mean, when you live my life you gotta eat pizza and you gotta eat pizza from places named Luigi's. You just gotta. Or I gotta. Whatever. Don't confuse me here. So I go to this Luigi's, basking in my accomplishments in the deaths of WSBS and the aforementioned West End Luigi's. Before you go all soft on me, just remember that saving the world from bad food is part of my super-hero code of ethics.

Luigi's Slice - 8th Ave
Luigi's Slice - 8th Ave - Floppy
Back to the slice at hand....well, it's $2.50 for a plain which is essentially the de-facto price in NYC (unless you go to 2 Bros. Pizza and we're going there soon kids!) and it's a big enough slice to justify something or other with the price point. However, the slice must deliver. Does it? Size does matter so it gets a point there. That's a heck of a lot of cheese. Did I order extra cheese? I didn't think so but whatever, Trevor. I'm hungry and ready to eat. First bite, not bad. Not much flavor at all, but not awful. Trust me I know awful. But, this Luigi does not deliver and what's the nail in the coffin? Look at that flop. I haven't seen a flop like that since I won that hold 'em tourney at the Trop last summer. Oy vey Luigi. You have not rescued the Princess with this one.

Rating - 1.5/5 - Size matters so that's all the points you get. Flavorless and floppy are the F words I'll use since I keep this PG.

Their site - http://www.luigispizzanyc.com/ 

For more, please visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys

No comments:

Post a Comment