Friday, August 26, 2011

Lucky's - 52nd Street

I was on a burger binge one day and stumbling upon Lucky's was a great accident. Drifting up and down the streets of NYC is fairly common for me and fortunately Lucky's has a bright red sign with a large smiley face on it making it extra easy for me to spot.

The burgers are fresh meat, angus no less, and made to order. Can you beat that? Not really. Throw it on a Martin's potato roll and I'm in heaven. Well, not quite. The burger still needs to deliver. The menu is not too deep, a variety of burger options (singles, doubles, bacon, turkey, etc.), sliders, chicken sandwiches, sides, and shakes. One thing jumped out to me and said, "you gotta have this." That thing was their Angus Chili. 

 It's like Wendy's chili, but good. Not watered down, real flavor, and (unfortunately) not on the dollar menu. You may be wondering, is it worth the six bucks? Remember you are in NYC, bite the bullet, and dive into this treat. You will be happy you did.

Back to the burger at hand. Piled nice and high, resting on that Martin's roll w/some lettuce and tomato. Let me tell you, I was not hungry and was excited to eat this guy. All fresh ingredients DO make a difference - the most important being some FRESH, unfrozen meat. I think the burger and chili will set you back about eleven bucks but you will leave feeling satisfied with good food and money well spent. Think the single's not enough? Make it a double for two dollars more and you'll be all set.

They have a few locations in the city and remember my review was for the spot on 52nd. I'm also happy to report that they had 2 flat screens in there to watch the Yankees' game that day.

Rating - 4/5 Yeah, go here and you'll be feelin' Lucky too.

Their site - http://www.luckysfamousburgers.com/


For more, please visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys

No comments:

Post a Comment