Friday, August 26, 2011

Broadway Pizza

Broadway Pizza - 99th and B'way
Broadway Pizza - Good Size
My most recent eatercising adventure included a 3 mile jaunt with 5 stops along the way. One of the five was Broadway Pizza, conveniently located on Broadway and 99th. The medium sized pizzeria features entrees and sandwiches as well but we all know why I was there. The competition is plentiful, but not so fierce when venturing up and down Broadway from Lincoln Center to say 110th but you need to know where to spend your pizza eating dollars.

The slice offered at Broadway Pizza is good size and is comparably priced to the rest of the joints on B'way (Sal & Carmine's, Cafe Viva, Cheesy Pizza, Two Boots, etc.) The difference here is that Broadway Pizza may in face have the best slice of them all. The plan, cheese slice had really good sauce and the perfect sauce:cheese ratio, thin crust, nice crunch.

Of all the pizza I've had in this area, Broadway Pizza has the best tasting slice, not the biggest since Sal & Carmine's takes that honor, but the slice at Broadway resembled pizza, all the way through as opposed to that slop I got at S&C. More importantly, it tasted good. The sauce really jumped out at me here and I enjoyed the slice as I strolled down B'way to my next destination...

Rating - 3.5/5 - Nothing overwhelming here. A good slice at a decent price. $2.50 seems to be the going rate around most of Manhattan but I'll soon show you how we buck that trend to get an absolutely DELICIOUS slice (along with one that is not so delicious so buyer beware and stay tuned)!


For more, please visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys

No comments:

Post a Comment