Friday, August 26, 2011

67 Burger

I get a message one day telling me that I need to try this hot burger
Fly your flag 67.
spot in Brooklyn and then I find myself there. It's that easy. Not far from the soon to be home of the Nets is 67 Burger, located in Fort Greene, amidst some other really good eateries, Smoke Joint and the landmark Junior's immediately come to mind, 67 Burger has been building a really solid reputation with a fairly tough crowd.

When I am told something is a "must have" I usually am a skeptic. When this particular friend tells me it's a must have, I'm there without hesitation. Why? Usually because it means he's buying, both the burgers and the coke and by coke I mean nose candy and by nose candy I mean cocaine.

Hi, I'm the 67 Burger. I wear bleu cheese.
Hi, 67 again, profile shot. I sit on bacon.
All gone.
I absolutely love their menu. It's simple to the point of being short bus but deep to the point of being Grand Canyon. Sounds oxymoronic or just plain moronic, I know but let's examine what I'm trying to say. You start with the meat of choice though in reality there's only one meat for a hamburger but you can choose beef, turkey, chicken, or veggie. From there, it gets fun. Well, fun for me but I'm a bit of a slob. When I am presented with the amount of choices a place like 67 presents, I do a lot of pre-planning and show up in sweatpants. Not so stylish but certainly spacious. Since choice one is so simple for me, choice two made things tough. My brain does not work in a manner that says, "just go back another time or two or four to try all the things you want to try" rather my brain says "you gotta catch 'em all, Pokeman" or something along those lines. NO I cannot eat 12 burgers in one sitting, YES I can try. My eyes shifted to the specialty burgers and I immediately crossed one of the 12 off the list. "The Ranch" was my Judas and was quickly crossed off the list of 12. Not sure if "The Ranch" proceeded to hang itself but I don't do ranch so I skipped that offering.

The choices are abundant and there's just too much to list here so I've opted to give you a link instead - http://67burger.com/assets/67.menu.06.14.09.pdf It's a link to a pdf so you can print it and plan your course. I'm not going to say exactly what I had because my photos are not up to my usual standard but I can tell you that I vouch for the 67, the Cajun, the Southwestern, and the Western.

Multiple visits are recommended, especially if you care to dine al-fresco. If you choose to eat the opposite of al-fresco (or indoors) that's ok too as there's ample seating.

Rating - 4.75/5 - Cooked to order, fresh not frozen, nice sized bun. Lots of toppings and options if you so choose and it's all just done right.

Their site - http://67burger.com/

For more, please visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys

No comments:

Post a Comment