Friday, August 26, 2011

Casabianca

Sometimes, even in the city that never sleeps it's hard to find a good slice of pizza. Not because they're not out there but because they, the pizza hiders like to hide themselves in some random places. In this case, they are the folks at Casabianca. I don't know much about the rent situation in NYC but I am certain it's so ridiculous that you need to be creative with where you place your eateries. It's probably why I don't have an eatery to call my own where I can serve you some of the finest treats my hands and mind can create.

Did you know Casabianca means white house? That's an Italian thing. Did you know "Paint the White House Black" was a song by George Clinton f. Ice Cube? Well it is and I own it on a cassette single. Did you also know that Casablanca was a movie from the 1940s and that means White House in Spanish. Lesson over.

If you have the pleasure of finding Casabianca you will simultaneously have the pleasure of finding a truly delicious slice of pizza. Fresh mozzarella, sauce, fresh basil. WOW! Loads of flavor here and the sauce was able to stand out . The crust was just about right and I think this slice is really worth the walk if you are in the area - especially if you consider that Luigi's place I spoke of last week. Are there other options? Sure but this is a really good bet if you're out eatercising on the UWS or in Hell's Kitchen. Just remember if you are walking down 10th you have to make a turn towards the Hudson to find this place.

Rating - 4/5 - Good flavor, good texture. Didn't blow me away but I would recommend their pizza. 

Their site - Cannot find one as of 8/26/11

For more, please visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys

No comments:

Post a Comment