Thursday, November 17, 2011

Beard Papa

Beard Papa Himself
Frequent readers have been inundated with a run on burgers and pizza, two of my favorites. However those that know me can attest that I have quite the sweet tooth (and not one cavity to speak of - and I'm knocking on my wooden tooth to not jinx things).

Lets rewind a bit, we'll call this (non acid induced) flashback: Giant White Man in Tokyo. In this episode, the giant white man is played by me and Tokyo is played by itself, after all whom can play a city? To say I had much of a clue as to where I was while in Tokyo is an understatement, however thanks to a good friend we were able to navigate our way around the city and take in the sights. One pleasant surprise was the bearded man himself! Fear not my friends, while I know my recent reviews have taken me on the road I'm only adding the presence of Beard Papa in Tokyo as an anecdote. HOWEVER! If you are a true die hard and find yourself in Tokyo, give Papa a taste of the best cream puffs your Yen can buy.

Where we were? Ah yes, puffs. On the east coast we have only two locations to choose from and since one is over in Fort Lee, NJ we'll leave that out of the mix and set our sights on 2167 Broadway, the home of Mr. Papa. When I say that this is the best cream puff ever, I mean it. It's the best cream puff ever. Don't believe me? What's it say on their site? Ahem, "World's Best Cream Puff." That's good enough for me. Oh sure lil' Miss Skeptic, don't believe me or them. Go there and give it a try for yourself and fear not, I'll save room on the bandwagon.

Three good reasons to try Beard Papa's today!
  1. You think those frozen, pre-made cream puffs are good and you're upset that your freezer is now void of said puffs. Consider this your lucky day because Papa's Puffs are much, much better.
  2. They say they are the best. I know the p.c. police do not like such bombastic statements but I do. I especially like these claims when the claimant can back it up the way the bearded one can.
  3. How can you say no to that gnome?
But what makes them so good? I say the secret is nestled in Papa's magical beard. Or maybe it's the pipe? In truth, the pastry is fresh, light, flaky and delicious. The cream, not too sweet and just right. The end result, the best puff ever! And they are always filled to order and never just sitting around filled with cream to get all soggy for you.

Rating - 5/5 - I was going to go with a 10 here since it's like totally the world's best but I figured a perfect score was just as good. However, they are really better than perfect so maybe I should stick with a 10!

Their site - http://www.muginohointl.com/

For more, please visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys

No comments:

Post a Comment