Friday, August 26, 2011

Clinton Station Diner

Where It All Began...

The idea of doing a blog has been kicked around for too long but I’ll get into all of that later. Recently, in an effort to have a birthday that I would consider to be memorable, I was fortunate to have enough friends join me on a pilgrimage to Clinton, NJ. For all members of my posse, Clinton was a minimum of one hour and in some cases it was at least a 3 hour trek.
But why? Well, Clinton is home to the Clinton Station Diner which is home to the Mt. Olympus, which for some time was the World’s Biggest Burger. The mission was simple - go to Clinton Station and tame Mt. Olympus.
Ok, so our party was a bit smaller than anticipated so we needed to adjust – enter Zeus.
I have envisioned this day for quite some time but still was not fully prepared for what Zeus had to offer – 7lbs of beef, 12.5 total lbs of dinner.
If I had to rate the experience it was perfect. Great times, great crew, and a damn good burger. The bun, though handmade on premises, was a little too thick and dry for my taste.
That’s my plate….so I guess I can’t complain about the bread too much.

In closing – there’s all sorts of good reason to make the trip to Clinton, if for no other reason than to see this burger with your own two eyes. Also, there’s been a lot of hype lately about the world’s largest burger coming from some shop in Michigan. Don’t believe the hype, Clinton Station is serving up 212 lbs of beef (total weight of 269) that dwarfs the competition. 

Rating - 4/5. They get lots of style points. The burger is too big to serve anything but well done and that just aint my thing. Hit up western NJ with some friends and you've got photos and stories for a few years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment