Friday, August 26, 2011

Burger Joint

What an appropriately named spot to find tasty burgers. By now, most know the story of this place that's "hidden" in the lobby of Le Parker Meridien. If you don't know, just go to the fancy hotel and look for the line of slobs and step in line. Granted you will find the occasional person that is sipping a martini inside the Joint but all are welcome in a quest for good food.

There are three basic elements at the Burger Joint - burgers, fries, and shakes. After the long wait in line, I was disappointed when I saw a burger no-no. Frozen patties being placed on the grill. If I were not with people I'd have just walked out and chalked it up as a loss. I was a good soldier and waited in line for this "must have" burger. The burger, cooked rare as I requested, had decent enough flavor but it was definitely a disappointment considering the accolades the place has received. I enjoyed the way it was served, wrapped in wax paper like you just walked out a butcher shop. The paper did a good job of soaking up the juicy goodness that dripped out - as you can see to the right.

Did I enjoy the burger? Of course! But when you walk in hearing things like "must have" and "best burger ever" then you should expect to be wowed. But they did not deliver. For all the rave reviews, the place ends up on par with another spot that has let me down, Shake Shack. I know, I know, I'm blasphemous but let's be real. The burgers at both establishments are ok but they're nothing spectacular and they're both bolstered by the delicious ice cream shakes that the restaurants sling out but we're not looking for the best shake in NYC, we're looking for the best burger and it's not found at the Burger Joint.

Overall - 3.25/5 It's good, but not great. It's hidden, but not a secret. Meat's frozen and that's hard to forgive.

Their site - http://www.parkermeridien.com/eat4.php

For more, please visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys

No comments:

Post a Comment