Wednesday, December 7, 2011

G&A Restaurant

G&A Menu
On The Road....Baltimore, MD

With the holiday season wrapping up, no pun intended (or was it?), it's important to include the food exploits that have been a part of my 10 pound increase and adoption of a second chin (it's a seasonal accessory, I swear). Rolling down I-95 and hitting up Baltimore, MD for a hot dog joint that is about to celebrate it's 75th anniversary on Eastern Ave. Any small business that can last for 75 years gets a big thumbs up in my book. Any restaurant that can still serve up great food to large crowds on a daily basis is even more impressive. So here we are with the Charm City Edition of 5BFG.

I have family members that grew up within ten minutes of G&A and they all swear that nothing has changed for as long as they can remember and that is not just the food but also the interior. Walking into G&A is equivalent to walking into the old fashioned luncheonettes that I barely got to know as they mostly faded away from the Brooklyn landscape during my youth.

Let's get back to business, shall we? It's said that the dogs are just as good as they always were, the chili just as delicious. For me, I can only judge recent visits and I can tell you that this place is simply amazing. Now I know many of my NY readers will make the occasional run down to Baltimore and I implore you to find your way to G&A for some chili dogs and chili burgers.

Burger and two dogs with LOTS of chili!
The dogs are a good size. They're not huge but they're definitely worth the price, especially with the chili and onions. I know, I know. I keep harping on this chili but it is just so good you have to try it to understand. It's also important to add that the chili really serves to enhance the flavor of the dogs rather than overpowering them.

Rating - 4.5/5 - It's not just a slice of Americana and a healthy dose of nostalgia served up at G&A. It's great food at very reasonable prices. The chili is worth the price of admission and I'd suggest putting some in your pocket for your ride home! The owner is a really nice guy and I think he just might oblige.

Their site - http://www.gandarestaurant.com/
*With the above menu photo, you have the address, phone number, and hours of operation. Let it never be said that I don't take care of you.

For more, please visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys

No comments:

Post a Comment