Friday, December 30, 2011

Bourbon Street

Bourbon Street's exterior looks as if the restaurant was plucked right out of the French Quarter and dropped right into midtown Manhattan. I really appreciated the rustic look of the building, complete with the gas lamps on the exterior. Last week I tweeted that we were hitting the road for Bourbon Street, located at 346 West 46th Street in the heart of NYC. I reviewed the menu before my visit and had a plan as to what I was going to eat. For those that do not know, I am a big fan of the Big Easy so I was equal parts intrigued and skeptic. I was ready to grab a burger and a po' boy, needing both because I simply could not decide which I wanted so I figured why not have the best of both worlds?

Bourbon Street's Double Gator Burger
Shortly after my tweet, they tweeted back and suggested that I order the special "Double Gator Burger" and I was quickly convinced that this was the way to go! I cannot express how happy I was that they suggested I go this way. The gator was so juicy and had great flavor and spice. I'm not sure how often this is a special but I can tell you that if you are there and you see it on the special menu, get it and you will not be let down! Loyal readers will also know that I am not much into french fries but these fries are really, really good. They're thick, crunchy, and generously seasoned and provide a perfect compliment to this awesome burger. To steal a tag line from a popular 80's cartoon, this burger is "truly outrageous!"

Creole Red Beans And Rice
But Bourbon Street is not just about the burger. There's a wide variety of po' boys, appetizers, and drinks. I was fortunate enough to sample both the Creole Red Beans and Rice and the Chicken and Andouille Gumbo and both of these really hit the spot! Generous portions that exploded with flavor and I was impressed with the generous amounts of andouille and chunks of chicken in the gumbo.

Rating - 4.5/5 - this place is on point. Why not a 5? Well, I think the dessert menu was missing a couple of NoLA staples - No beignets? No bananas foster? Beyond that, this place is on point!

Their site - http://www.bourbonny.com/index.aspx - as referenced earlier, they are also very active on the different social networking sites so be sure to hit them up today to find out about what's coming out the kitchen! They're also very active on Twitter so be sure to follow them @BourbonNY

For more, please visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys

And for more on that tagline, click here for the full intro video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSLhrIuAZak 


UPDATE! We received a tweet over the weekend stating that Beignets are back in town at Bourbon Street. Thanks to @BourbonNY for keeping us in the loop. We'll be there soon to try 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment