Monday, January 9, 2012

Burger Bros

On The Road....Towson, MD aka Burger Apathy, Part 1**
Just up the road from Towson University you can find Burger Bros, a burger joint that has been making a lot of noise in the local foodmunity (that's food community, I just invented it). I was recently in MD for the holidays and would like to report on a number of stops I made while there. First on the menu is Burger Bros., located at 14 Allegheny Avenue Towson, MD 21204

Their burger is described as, "6 whoppin’ oz. of hand-packed Fresh Ground Angus Beef charbroiled to perfection and served on a bun." Now, if perfection means charred to death, then this is Burger Heaven and I'm Saint Paul. I was a bit alarmed when I saw the flames from the grill shooting up about four feet high for a good twenty seconds. At that point I knew my burger was torched beyond belief and just not edible for someone like me who prefers his burger closer to it's living state.

The burger, (at left) with bacon, cheese, and sauteed mushrooms looks good enough. The bun, however, serves as a warning sign. Now I love me a lightly toasted bun and was happy to see them toasting the bun...until it turned black on the edges. I was already leery enough from the aforementioned flame show.

The Bros also serve up grilled chicken sandwiches (the thought kinda scares me) along with wings (we sampled the honey bourbon) and fries. The wings were ok. They were overcooked, which should come at no surprise, and that was unfortunate because I really enjoyed the sauce. The fries, well, as you know by now I'm not a guy that typically orders fries but if there are fries there I will try them. I really liked the fries here, natural cut and they were not overcooked (YAY!)

In all, I'm really not sure what the hype is surrounding this place. I know the area quite well and I know there are a lot of good (read better) burger options in the area.

My review - 1/5 - Way overcooked, not cooked to order. Dried out burger and overcooked wings. An overall experience that was barely salvaged by the fries

Their Site - http://burgerbrosburgers.com/ (coming soon at the time this is written) but you can click through to their menu from here.


For more, please visit 5boroughfoodguys.tumblr.com and follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/5BoroFoodGuys

**Remember friends, if there's a part 1 there's sure to be a part 2! 

No comments:

Post a Comment